NZ 300ZX Owners Club Forum Forum Index NZ 300ZX Owners Club Forum
Owners and enthusiasts 300ZX discussion forum

GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   DynoDyno  
  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
NZ 300ZX Owners Club Forum Forum Index

Exedy stage 1, new clutch

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NZ 300ZX Owners Club Forum Forum Index -> Product discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tapp's
Stage 5 - boost controller

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:30 am    Post subject: Exedy stage 1, new clutch Reply with quote

Still in the process of running in this clutch. (approx 300k to go)
Shot over to see Glen with this job.
My clutch had been struggling to hold for some time and when extracted showed significant scoring towards the outer edge of the flywheel, ? not machined when fitted prior to my buying the car.
The job went fantastically well, I can't say enough to support Glen's skills and experience.
I wore my headlight all the time, but I am sure Glen could have done the job blindfolded Laughing
Little things like the new bush that comes with the kit required "priming" with oil before fitting, a simple procedure but I would probably have oiled it externally and slapped it in. The correct process is to "squeeze" oil into the bush by filling it with oil then squeezing the oil into the pores with your thumbs over the ends!! Oiled for life, whereas my ignorance would have seen it oiled for an unknown time if I had done it. Rolling Eyes
At the end of the day when all was done, a quick compression test helped diagnose a low rev miss. Done so quickly when you have the right gear etc.
I was interested to see whether the clutch felt harder/softer compared to the previoius one. It is SOFTER and much nicer, but certainly locks up firmly, so I am looking forward to "testing" it at HD, bring it on! Twisted Evil

PS machining of flywheel done by BNT Hamilton[/i]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NZ 300ZX Owners Club Forum Forum Index -> Product discussions All times are GMT + 12 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: