NZ 300ZX Owners Club Forum Forum Index NZ 300ZX Owners Club Forum
Owners and enthusiasts 300ZX discussion forum

GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   DynoDyno  
  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
NZ 300ZX Owners Club Forum Forum Index

Brake related product discussion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NZ 300ZX Owners Club Forum Forum Index -> Product discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blackbird
Stage 12+ - Z-holic

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:51 pm    Post subject: Brake related product discussion Reply with quote

Brake related product discussion here please ... so we can all learn and build up a product resource for us all to you.

Cheers, Rob

Could anyone with there big or upgraded even with rotor combination give some feedback on the improved or any performance they have noticed since doing the upgrade please.

Feedback discussion ...

Since yes is getting product based we may have to shift this to Product discussions section.

http://www.300zx.co.nz/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=42686#42686

Brembo ?

Z1 Brake upgrades ?

Brake pads ... EBC, Mintex or any others.

Rotors ... DBA ... Z1 or any others ...
Blackbird
Stage 12+ - Z-holic

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SS brake lines are legal if the lines have a DOT rating on them ..

RACE Brakes nz

he blurb on braided hoses: Short answers. Yes, they are legal for road use as long as they meet a required standard.

Yes, we can build them for you if you provide us a sample hose or a very, very clear set of instructions. No, you won’t need to certify the car.

For a long time, virtually any type of braided brake hose was O.K, but they needed to be signed off by a low volume vehicle certifier, which meant that the car had to have a low volume certificate. Now the LTSA requires the braided hose itself to meet an approved standard, which is marked on the hose so the testing station guys can pass them, and does away with the need to certify the vehicle.

The first is a properly swaged type like Goodridge, the acknowledged Rolls-Royce of braided brake hoses.

These are manufactured like a rubber hose with proper braided hose swaged fittings at each end, i.e. a minimum amount of joins which translates into lighter weight and less chance of having any connection problems.
Blackbird
Stage 12+ - Z-holic

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regards the D2 and K-Sport brakes on TM and Ebay

PLEASE READ THIS - VERY IMPORTANT

A NZ trader on Aust Ebay I emailed that was selling them ..

Hi Rob , Im clearing out of the D2 products and no longer buy from them .. had too much headaches with them and there products .. ksport made in the same place and the ksport guy pulled plug too with them .. i dont list on trade me , too many stupid questions .. its a lot more grown up on ebay Wink cheers

SO I definitely won't be trying them ...

Was worth investigating anyway ...
5tar5cr3am3r
Stage 6 - NOS antilag

1983 Chevrolet Camaro

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

from what ive heard any thing d2 stay away from. yeah no cert needed for braided lines but they need to be dot approved if not your'll need to get a cert

same goes for brake upgrades, people who i know have chosen brembo and are very pleased with the end results with the better performance and the added safety, just make sure you get the correct rotor so suit the caliper
Tapp's
Stage 5 - boost controller

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had problems with brake fade when competing in the Dual Sprints at Taupo on the short circuit where you do 3/4 laps hard out.

Solution for me:

Motul RBF 600 brake fluid which has the highest boiling point

Carbon Ceramic brake pads, sorry can't recall brand

I am still running standard rotors, brake lines, pedal set up etc.

I am able to match or outbrake some of the race prepared cars there so I am very happy with that.

Important to use the cool down lap wisely and let the brakes cool as much as you can before you get back into the pits.

These pads are excellent for street use too, come on strong from cold but improve of course with heat build up.
ultrapulse
Stage 12+ - Z-holic

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good fluid and pads are under-rated
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NZ 300ZX Owners Club Forum Forum Index -> Product discussions All times are GMT + 12 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: